You're invited to visit with us for a Sunday afternoon of Fun, Food, Friends and the "Once In A Lifetime Opportunity" to See Van's Original RV-1 . . . On tour here for you at Heritage Field Pottstown Limerick, Pa.
(1) Yes, mark your calendar for the "Ultimate" Sport Aviation Fly-In, Drive-In, Fun, Food, Meet the Gang and pay tribute to Richard VanGrunsven's Original RV-1 planned tour stop for Sunday May 6, 2012.
(2) Time: From 12 noon to 5 pm. Plan to arrive a little early & beat the rush. Volunteer if you want to help us set up!
(3) Location: South southwest corner of Heritage Field (KPTW) Formerly Pottstown Limerick Airport. Look for Penn Aero Storage hangar area and picnic grove at the "Pilot's Roost." Admission and parking are free . . . bring some cash for food!
(4) Heritage Gathering welcomes all types, makes and models of aircraft. All aviation enthusiast, fly-in or drive-in, new and old, from far and near, this is especially for you. Bring a friend - help make it a success!
(5) RV-1 tour schedule is mechanical & weather dependent. No rain date - Keep your fingers crossed.
(6) Check back to this page for progress reports and updates. Please call Fred Van Ryn with questions. Contact number is: .
(7) Fly-In or Drive-In? Get ready for Sunday May 6, 2012. Heritage event status is GO See update at bottom of welcom page. (5/6/12)
It's all about the "VanGrunsven RV-1" - the progenitor of the entire Van's RV line of aircraft and so much more. See it all here at Heritage Field (KPTW) Sunday, May 6th.
On March 10th, the RV-1 started the North American tour, heading to Sun-n-Fun. Check out the current tour schedule and map for locations near you. This is a historic event that will all too soon come to an end when the RV-1 is presented to the EAA museum.