RV1 Encore Video - Click here The morning after - Heritage Gathering of RV's Fly-In. Monday May 7th - RV-1 pilot "warms up" with three TOL's then departs Heritage Field for Connecticut tour leg with RV-8 in chase! This great 3 minute video captured by "lucky" David Valcik, RV-12 builder - pilot - Chapter 1250 member.
TODAY'S STATUS REPORT bottom of page*
1. The star of the show! Van's original RV-1 restored and on national flying tour stopping here for you to see. Videos and details on left side bar.
2. Fix wing sport kits, home builts, experimentals, and factory made airplanes based on Heritage Field or flying in all here on display for your enjoyment. Fly-in or drive-in and help make this event a success!
3. Two Gyro Copters expected for display and possible demo flight. Remember that "Benson" you wanted to build yourself, the one in Popular Mechanics Magazine?
4. Sports Cars too! Open two seaters, Jags, maybe MG's, TR's Healeys and Vets will add to the fly-in fun.
5. The United States Hot Air Balloon Team scheduled to show off their gear. Possible early evening launch if all conditions are right.
6. EAA Chapter 1250 will answer your questions on home building, models and full scale, display their Fairchild Project and show you how easy it is to get started with an EAA membership.
7. The Pottstown Area Amateur Radio Club will operate a Special Event Ham Station, N3WXW, on site during the fly-in. It's perfect opportunity for you to see ham radio in action and you'll be surprised where "texting" really came from.
8. Friends, food and more. Bring a little cash for food. Admission and parking are free!
*STATUS REPORT: Fly-In or Drive-In? Get ready for Sunday May 6, 2012. Only 1 more day - Heritage event status is GO 12 noon to 5 pm (posted 5/5/12 Saturday night looking good - BBQ Hillbilly told me he is bringing ribs on his smoker - weather looking good - grass is cut - airplanes ready - RV-1 on schedule - sports cars shined - ham radios tuned up - teams in place - displays ready and waiting for you - let's have fun and make this RV-1 tour stop a success - it's only going to happen once - This is EAA and this is what we do - so come on in and help us make history!)
Sunday morning 7am leaving for Heritage Field - clouds and fog now - should improve by noon - check with weather and flight service first - last minute questions call Fred - Hope to see you there soon.
Sunday night about 8pm - Fly-In was a success! Hundreds came to see the RV-1. Thank you for coming and thank you for helping make it success.